|—||Dean Koontz (via amandaonwriting)|
Love is the easy part, it’s the rest of the shit that’s hard.
if anyone thinks this movie is about love they are sorely mistaken.
My chain hits my chest
when I’m banging on the dashboard
my chain hits my chest
when I’m banging on the radio
suki zuky I’m coming in the Cherokee
gasoline there’s steam on the window screen
take it take it wheels bouncing like a trampoline
when I get to where I’m going
gonna have you trembling
“Suki, suki” means “drive, drive” in Arabic. In the music video Saudi Arabian women are driving and aren’t supposed to, so MIA’s saying “suki, suki”. They’re bad girls.
Further, سوقي (suuqii) is in the imperative singular feminine, in a form I think is Saudi colloquial — more formal would be اسوقي. So, it has an additional subtlety of telling a female to drive.
also the term “sooky sooky” has been a mainstay in r&b music and AAVE, so there’s maybe like this double meaning wordplay going on? cool!
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING
"Aubrey is a smart woman who likes a good dumb joke, and she’s a spicy little mama who plays hard. I adore her." - Amy Poehler
"She’s already kind of my girlfriend, and I’m not saying that in a jokey way. We had a moment last year, late at night, when we decided we were gonna end up together. For now, we have to let boys come and go, but we’re kind of in love." - Aubrey Plaza
do not underestimate how many times i can listen to a song in a row
i put that song “it” by prince on repeat for the last 2 hours of my drive to roanoke. i aint fuckin around
thanks for asking!
40. favorite memory? that’s really hard! whats popping up as at least a top ten fav memory is when i drove to graceland alone last year. i really needed a break from where i was because i felt very lonely and abandoned at the time. i decided to drive to graceland because elvis has always been a weird kind of spirit guide for me (i get why most people don’t care for him, and on principle i have issues with him too, but still i can’t stop loving him). and it was a really magical thing. a pilgrimage of sorts. i got there an hour before it opened, and sat in the parking lot and cried because i made it, i had driven all night. i went through the house, the planes, all the other rooms i could go to and i cried and cried when i saw his grave. i was the only one crying, it was pretty embarrassing but i don’t really care. it was important for me to go and to go alone. it was almost spiritual.
54. i guess i’m worried about a few things right now. first of all is school, duh. i need to pass my classes and i just don’t know how its all going to happen. another little thing is i feel like i’m taking an emotional risk right now that is super exciting and fun but i worry about the risk…
58. i just did this one!
hello and thanks for the questions!
20. my favorite song right now is “it” by prince off of his sign o the times album. it’s an obsession really, i can’t stop listening to it. it’s so repetitive and sexy and his voice has this screamy desperate sound that i love love.
36. 3 dreams i want to fulfill? i’d really love to road trip to california still. that’s one of those old school americana dreams i still and enamored by. i would like to live abroad at some point. preferably london. i loved it when i was there for a month and i could see myself living there long term, that’s a dream for sure. and a third… i’d still like to start a band full of people who’ve never played any instruments.
58. a description of my best friend. my best friend is a force fer sure. i think everyone who meets her falls in love a little. she’s got red hair again, and she dances and smokes and laughs and cries. she loves maps of the world and her black dog. she cares about people a lot a lot and also hates people, but only because she loves them so much.